GCSE Results Day Arrangements
We are acutely aware of the challenges that this year has presented for our Year 11s and would like to congratulate them again on coping so well with such a difficult end to their GCSE courses. It has been lovely to see so many of them engage with the Sixth Form Google Classrooms, getting a head start on further study.
Due to Covid -19 restrictions and guidelines, we have had to make some amendments to the usual format for our Key Stage 4 (Year 11) results day on Thursday 20th August 2020. We are still hugely looking forward to seeing our students to celebrate with them, alongside being able to offer guidance and support with any decisions that still need to be made.
On Thursday 20th August:
- Year 11 students have been allocated 30 min time slots when they will be able to attend school and collect their results. They should arrive within that slot, preferably by car or walking in order to avoid public transport as far as possible.
- Students will enter the school gym via one of the side doors, depending on which car park is allocated. Staff will be on hand to direct parents and students upon arrival at school.
- To ensure social distancing, we will be operating a one way system through the school. Students and parents will collect results from the gym and will then be directed through our main hall, where specialist staff will be on hand to provide support and guidance to students to assist in future planning.
- Students will then move through to either the front lawn or the canteen (weather dependent) where they will be able share and, hopefully, celebrate their results with parents and staff. Refreshments will be provided.
- We ask that parents and students leave the school site within 10 mins of the end of their allocated slot.
- It is vitally important that parents and students attend their allocated time slot as we cannot guarantee students will be able to collect their results in a different session due to the need to maintain social distancing.
- Please note, all other results (such as GCSE re-takes and Yr 10 exams) will be posted home.
Should you have any questions in regards to results day, please contact me by email on