GCSE Results Day
Once again, this has been an incredibly challenging year for our Year 11 students and we would like to congratulate them again on coping so well with such a difficult end to their GCSE and BTEC courses. It has been lovely to see so many of them engage with the Sixth Form virtual sessions and taster lessons, putting them in good stead for their return in September.
Last year, due to Covid -19 restrictions and guidelines, we had to make some amendments to the usual format for our Key Stage 4 (Year 11) results day, allocating time slots for students to collect results. This format proved to be very successful and was appreciated by parents and students, as we were able to offer a detailed and comprehensive personalised review of results and provide the individualised support required for future progression. Therefore, we will be planning our results day in a similar format this year, with students allocated a 30 min time slot to arrive and collect their results. The details are listed below:
On Thursday 12th August:
- Year 11 students have been allocated 30 min time slots when they will be able to attend school and collect their results.
- Students will enter the school gym via one of the side doors. Staff will be on hand to direct parents and students upon arrival at school.
- We will be operating a one way system through the school. Students and parents will collect results from the gym and will then be directed through our main hall, where specialist staff will be on hand to provide support and guidance to students to assist in future planning.
- Students will then move through to either the front lawn or the canteen (weather dependent) where they will be able to share and, hopefully, celebrate their results with parents and staff. Refreshments will be provided.
- For any student who is unable to collect results on the 12th August, their results will be posted out to them.
Time slots are allocated by student surname as follows:
Surname A-C can collect from 9.00-9.30am
Surname D-H can collect from 9.30-10.00am
Surname I-R can collect from 10.00-10.30am
Surname S-Z can collect from 10.30-11.00am
6th form students can collect Level 2 results from 11.00am-12.00
Should you have any questions in regards to results day, please contact Mr Field by email on j. firstname.lastname@example.org
We really look forward to welcoming you and celebrating with you on the 12th August.
The Senior Leadership Team