Sixth Form Dress Code
As a member of Towers Sixth Form, you represent our school. Younger pupils will see you as a positive role model and when we have visitors to the school, you represent the school’s values. As such, we ask that you dress as you would in a work place: professionally and formally.
- A collared shirt
- A shirt and tie
- A blouse (not sheer)
- A smart top
- A smart, plain jumper. Jumpers with a small logo are acceptable.
- A cardigan
- A blazer
- A smart jacket or coat.
N/B: Bra straps, shoulders and/or midriff should not be visible. Jackets and coats can be worn outside only - they must be removed in classrooms.
- Trouser Suit
- Smart trousers
- ¾ length trousers
- A professional-style dress - preferably with tights
- A professional-style skirt - preferably with tights
- Tailored shorts in the summer.
- Polishable, suede or patent shoes
- Polishable, suede or patent ankle boots.
Jewellery, Make-up and Hair:
- Make-up should be discrete
- Jewellery should be discrete and minimal
- Hair must be a natural colour and of a suitable style for a professional working environment.
Lanyards and Mobile Phones:
- Lanyards must be visible at all times. For safety reasons, every person on the school site must be identifiable
- We are a mobile phone-free site. Between 8.40am and 3pm, mobile phones and air-pods must be out of sight at all times. The only exception to this rule is when you are in the Sixth Form Lounge. As a member of Sixth Form, you accept that if you are caught with your phone, you will hand it in and receive a one hour detention. If you are caught again, you will receive a fixed term suspension. If you refuse to hand your phone over, you will receive a fixed term suspension.
Please note, the school’s decision on the appropriateness of appearance is final.