Our school is built on the values that we live out every day as a whole community. Through our core values of being respectful, aiming high and being kind and fair, we are working to become the best versions of ourselves. Every one of us.
Richard Billings, Principal
Towers School Values
We show respect by
- Following STAR expectations
- Taking collective responsibility
- Having pride in ourselves
- Having good manners and being polite
We are aiming high by
- Working hard and never giving up
- Having high aspirations and following our dreams
- Believing in ourselves
- Understanding that hard work can be challenging but we persevere
We are kind and fair by
- Being part of one community
- Making sure everyone is welcomed and treated equally
- Understanding others’ opinions, beliefs and feelings
- Expecting the same high standards of everyone
Towers School Expectations
As a school, we need everyone to be clear about the expectations. We aim higher because we believe in the potential of our students.
All of our students deserve the chance to be the very best that they can be.
In order to achieve this, we need wholehearted support from all our families. In choosing to attend Towers, families are making the choice to follow all of our systems.
Expectations of all:
- We are a school that works harder, smarter and faster.
- We are a school that has increased discipline because we care.
- We hold true to our focus on students’ welfare BUT every student will understand that "reason is not an excuse”.
- We have a curriculum that stretches and challenges and where high level knowledge is at the heart.
- Our lessons are purposeful and pacy.
- Students will arrive ready to learn & low level disturbance will not be tolerated as it disrupts the learning of others.
We know that students who wish to succeed, take pride in themselves and in our school:
We correct students on their behaviour when necessary
- Mobile phones are a non-negotiable.
- Uniform must be worn correctly.
- Students must be punctual to lessons.
- Students must demonstrate STAR behaviours in all lessons.
- Students must trust that teachers’ instructions are to help them be successful. If an adult tells a student to do something, we expect it to be done straight away.